Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Furiously spinning.

GratisNet: "While flipping through the channels last night, I paused at FOX when I saw Dick 'The Toe' Morris with O'Reilly. I know, I know and I know but I lingered anyway and caught Morris spinning away furiously not unlike the blonde beauty in the Rumpelstiltskin fable from the brothers Grimm. He noted that while democrats are counting on the dead in NOLA to meet or exceed the sad estimates that have been bandied about (I know of no one, democrat, republican, whatever, wishing the death toll from Katrina approach the ghastly estimates heard thus far), he doubted there would be a few hundred, as in 300, total deaths.

I wonder how he feels about the discovery of some 45 bodies in a hospital in NOLA? While I do not expect the toll from Katrina to approach some of the 10,000-20,000 deaths predicted, I would be surprised (and gladly so) if the toll didn't go any higher than a thousand or so.

Leave it to a republican to try and gain advantage from the dead. I can see the headlines now, 'Bush does great job in keeping Katrina deaths to only 2,495' or 'Bush's efforts account for the Katrina death toll being only 2,495 and not the 20,000 as was expected.'

The latest polls seem to indicate that the American people finally, at long last, are getting it about Bush and his Band of Bunglers. They are coming to realize exactly how great a disaster George W. Bush is and the damage he is doing to America. May the fog of the spinners continue to be lifted from the eyes of the American people."

No comments: