Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Andy Rooney

GratisNet: "'In the history of the world, several great civilizations that seemed immortal have deteriorated and died. I don't want to seem dramatic tonight, but I've lived a long while, and for the first time in my life, I have this faint, faraway fear that it could happen to us here in America as it happened to the Greek and Roman civilizations.

'Too many Americans don't understand what we have here, or how to keep it. I worry for my grandchildren, my great-grandchildren. I want them to have what I've had, and I sense it slipping away.'

Andy Rooney 60 Minutes (CBS) May, 2004

Andy Rooney is not the only person having such thoughts in these times. I, too, have the fear but it is not faint, nor far away but rather perilously close as long as Bush and his gang of fascists are in power. It is close as long as otherwise good, solid, patriotic citizens cannot or will not recognize the current regime for what it is.

Mark this well, for when America falls, it will be a long and hard fall and there will be no country in this world that will render assistance and that will be a measure of just how much Bush and his band of fascist miscreants have alienated the world. Squandering the massive goodwill built by our people since WW2 was not enough for these thugs, they had to act in such ways that brought scorn and derision from our former allies.

This regime has brought new meaning to the phrase, 'Ugly American' and in fact makes the novel of the same name seem like a fairy tale for preschool children."

No comments: